Successfully deploying multimedia services and applications in mobile environments requires adopting an interdisciplinary approach where multimedia, networking and physical layer issues are addressed jointly.
Content features analysis and coding, media access control, multimedia flow and error control, cross-layer optimization, Quality of Experience (QoE), media cloud as well as mobility management and security protocols are research challenges that need to be carefully examined when designing new mobile media architectures. We also need to put a great effort in designing applications that take into account the way the user perceives the overall quality of the provided service.
Within this scope, MobiMedia is intended to provide a unique international forum for researchers from industry and academia, working on multimedia coding, mobile communications and networking fields, to study new technologies, applications and standards. Original unpublished contributions are solicited that can improve the knowledge and practice in the integrated design of efficient technologies and the relevant provision of advanced mobile multimedia applications.
Keywords: multimedia, mobile network
The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation (EAI), a leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
Best Paper Awards: The Conference Chairs and Program Committee for the EAI’s MOBIMEDIA 2018 conference would like to recognize pioneers in the field with a Best Paper Award. Three candidates will be selected: one winner for the Best Paper Award (¥1,000 CNY), the first Runner-up (¥500 CNY) and the second Runner-up (¥300 CNY). This award is open to all authors who present in this conference. In addition, one Best Workshop Paper Award (¥500 CNY) will be offered for competition to authors who present a workshop paper in the conference
- Algorithms, architecture, applications of future Internet and next-generation networking
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Wireless Body Area Network (WBAN)
- Vehicular networks
- Algorithms, architecture, applications of 5G,
- Massive MIMO
- Wireless performance analysis
- Millimeter wave and Terahertz communications
- Localization, positioning and tracking techniques
- Wireless communications testbeds
- Multimedia based signal processing
- Speech/audio processing
- Multimedia data analytics
- Mobile crowdsensing
- Real-time stream data mining
- Social network mining and recommendation
- E-business fraud detection
Papers will be judged on originality, correctness, clarity and relevance. Submitted papers must be original work, and may not be under consideration for another conference or journal. Submission of the paper implies agreement of the author(s) to attend the conference and present the paper if accepted. Full details of submission procedures are available here.
Instructions on paper formatting are available in Author’s Kit section.
MOBIMEDIA proceedings are indexed in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected best accepted papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
- IEEE Access Journal (ISSN: 2169-3536) (SCI) IF: 3.244
- IEEE Internet of Things Journal (ISSN: 2327-4662) (SCI) IF: 7.596
- Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) (ISSN: 1383-469X) (SCI) IF: 3.259
|Submission Deadline||10 March 2018|
|Notification Deadline||25 April 2018|
|Camera-Ready Deadline||31 May 2018|
|Conference Starts||21 June 2018|
|Conference Ends||22 June 2018|